Flowers really do intoxicate me. ~Vita Sackville-West

Beautiful Bleeding Heart

Beautiful Bleeding Heart

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Welcome Spring!



Here in Western New York we are the lucky recipients of two weeks of sunshine and spring like temperatures and today, the first day of spring, added another spectacular day to the string of days. It's hard not to love this weather and I want to be outside every minute that I can. I raked my lawn and gardens for the first time yesterday and started cutting down some of the perennials that I left untouched last fall. Today I found my first spring bulbs in bloom and could not be happier! Knowing that we could still have a snow storm and some winter like weather before spring really settles in, seeing these blooms makes the possibility of rough weather all that much easier to take. Happy Spring!

2 comments:

  1. The iris and crocus make a cheery spring combo. Mine are still buried under the ground and snow, but I hope to be seeing a similar sight soon. Aren't spring bulbs the best? They're so appreciated after the lull of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are the best spring bulbs! You know gardening season is right around the corner..here's hoping to a quick snow melt for you!

    ReplyDelete